The property for “Fahrney Memorial Home for the Aged” was a gift in 1905 from Dr. Peter Fahrney of Chicago to the Church of the Brethren. The gift was in honor of Dr. Fahrney’s grandfather, of the same name, who had lived in Mapleville, Maryland.
In 1952 a bequest from the estate of Hagerstown businessman Clarence Keedy was accepted and the name of the facility was changed to Fahrney Keedy Memorial Home. As our Independent Living Retirement Village was established in 1962 we became known as Fahrney Keedy Home and Village, which now includes 62 cottages and apartments.
Most recently in 2016, our name and our outlook adopted a decidedly more forward-looking direction as Fahrney Keedy Senior Living Community with our new Master Plan for Growth which will expand the physical site and new programs to help “enrich the lives of our seniors.”