The Fahrney Legacy
From this weathered log building, a family and a legacy bloomed, and in 1905 the grandson of Dr. Peter Fahrney made a gift of the family’s land and buildings for the purpose of providing seniors a dedicated place to receive quality, compassionate, and faith-based care.
In 1952 a bequest from the estate of Hagerstown businessman Clarence Keedy was accepted and the name of the facility was changed to Fahrney Keedy Memorial Home. As our Independent Living Retirement Village was established in 1962 we became known as Fahrney Keedy Home and Village, which now includes 62 cottages and apartments.
Most recently in 2016, our name and our outlook adopted a decidedly more forward-looking direction as Fahrney Keedy Senior Living Community with our new Master Plan for Growth which will expand the physical site and new programs to help enrich the lives of our seniors.